Monday, February 14, 2011

Wrightsville Beach SUP Session

Wrightsville Beach, NC  -  Saturday, February 12th, 2011
Swell: knee to waist  Wind: 20MPH offshore  Air: 55 F  Water: 46 F
Board: 11' Great Lakes SUP w/ rounded pintail and delaminating traction pads


Oceanic/Crystal Pier at the south end of the island (Wrightsville Beach is joined with the mainland by a causeway)

Not much competition this time of year - even on a beautiful Saturday

Here's a good shot of the traction pad peeling off the deck of the board - crappy rentals but cheap

The paddle was good though - full carbon fiber construction and the perfect length

A nice section - setting up for the floater on the inside

It's illegal to surf within 500' of this pier - I'm about 150' feet away here, but the popo never showed

My hands went numb in the first 10 minutes. I left my gloves back in CA

Last wave after 2 hours out there - exhausted

Where's the hut tub?

I was fighting the offshore winds here just to get back to the sand.  That board was like a sail

Next time I'm wearing gloves

Emma didn't mind the cold and took a break from building sand castles to decorate me with sand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, you've reached Zach's blog. Please leave a comment or brief message and I'll get back to you. Have a fantastic day.